Sunday 8 February 2015

Dog attack

We have had a terrible week with more family drama and to top it all our poor little Alice chihuahua/Yorkie who is a very protective loving little dog was viciously attacked by a staffie today which had got out when the families grandson opened the gate.When they say they shake them about like a little rag doll is actually what happened,someone stopped to help but we couldn't get the dog off despite a desperate effort.Alice is now in avery bad way at the emergency vets-all this happened in front of grandaughters Holly 5yrs and Ellie 7ys so ther was lots of screaming too,Holly said later I thought you were going to break their window I was knocking so hard for someone to come!!!I was shaking for hours-fortunately the owner took us to the emergenct vets and offered to pay the (hefty)bill and are having the dog collected tomorrow to be put down.Holly said I hope the doggie heaven is closed on a Sunday-fingers crossed it is closed to Alice full stop-she keeps saying she can't die from a cut leg can she?Unfortunately not as simple as that they think she has a fractured leg and internal bleeding but because of the shock all they can do for 24-48 hours is just give her a fluid drip and pain relief.
Carol x x

12 comments:

Stampsnob. said...

Oh carolx that is terrible all around I feel for the children this is a very bad memory Prayers for the Yorkie Just reading this has made me very sad ...Lis

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

I am so sorry Carol! What a horrible experience. I will say a prayer for your little Alice. So sad. I hope she recovers. That was a very difficult thing for the kids to have seen. Love and hugs to all of you. Gloria

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Lucy Patrick said...

Oh so sorry to hear this Carol, I'm praying for your little sweet Alice too, I hope she makes a full recovery. Big hugs from Oz, XOX Lucy

Pia S said...

Oh, that is so sad, it must be awful for everyone, and especially the little ones. I wish you the best...

Sue said...

Oh Carol, I am so sorry to hear about Alice. It must have been a horrible thing to witness. I will keep my fingers crossed.
Take care, Sue xx

Janice said...

Poor Alice, this is just awful. Everything is crossed that she pulls thru and she is back to the comfort of her own home soon. Jx

Pamellia said...

Holy crap, pardon my French!! This is just horrible Carol!! I will be thinking about little Alice all day today, please update us later as to how she is doing! I don't know how I would survive if something happened to one of my little girls!! big hugs to you :)

Michelle said...

How awful Carol. I really hope Alice pulls through and that you will all be ok after that trauma - thinking of you all - ((((hugs))))) Michelle x

aussie aNNie said...

Oh poor children to see a loved pet being torn apart....I hope little Alice will be okay....staffies have that horrible grip that is hard to take apart....keep us informed.xxxx

crafty-stamper said...

Thank you for your lovely caring comments ladies Alice has had a stable night and her heart is sounding strong and on anti-biotics today
Carol X

*Vicki* said...

Oh my how devastating this must be! I'm so very sorry to hear about this...glad to know about the update Carol...sending hugs for all of you!

cotnob said...

How terrible Carol, I'm so sorry to hear this,I do hope little Alice is going to be OK.
Pauline
x