Saturday 24 September 2022

Smash Your Stash

 Well today is my 72nd birthday and despite that didn't realise it was also the last Saturday of the month which means its the monthly Smash Your Stash Journal page challenge with VICKI who always makes amazing journal pages and is more organised than me so hope you will check  her blog.

I commented on her blog last night and she mentioned working on a journal page---WHAT??? quick check of the calendar and panic stations !!! Not sure why I was surpised same every month and never know what day it is even caused a panic in local Cooplands on Wednesday when I said it was Thursday! The assistant panicked because she picked her daughter up on a Thursday and a customer panicked because he was going to Germany Friday and hadn't packed lol good job they didn't ban me!

The theme this month is  "Use Scraps od Paper" well I have loads of those so sorted a few out and realised a few had Bees on so worked with that deviating from my original plan -no surprise there!

I swiped the page with a couple of oxide inks,added some details with a white gelly rool pen/gold gel pen-added a couple of die-cut Bees I found and a little wooden one from stash.I also added a few strips of washi tape too and a couple of splats using oxide ink and the end of a cork and a sentiment from IndigoBlu---panic over thank goodness!

 

challenges---

polka doodles-ATG

lil patch of crafty friends-ATG

creatalicious-ATG

outlawz twisted Thursday-ATG

a perfect time to craft-ATG

classic design-ATG

mix it up-ATG

the creative crafters-ATG

Thank you for dropping by and any comments are much appreciated

Carol x x x

25 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy birthday!!! I love the papers you used for your journal page. Great combination.

Janette said...

Happy birthday Carol, enjoy..
Love your page it looks interesting, lots going on.xx

meg said...

A gorgeous colourful page with lots of paper layers and bees. Have a great birthday,many happy returns

*Vicki* said...

Well happy of happiest birthdays to you Carol!!! I hope that you have a fantastic birthday and thank you for taking time out on your birthday to play along with our AJ fun!! Gosh, for being panicked, you sure did make a very lovely page here with your bees!! I absolutely LOVE that quote you've used with yours too! I love how you've made a collage with your paper scraps as that was my initial thought too, but decided to paper piece concentrating on a particular pack. This turned out fantastic Carol! Thanks for the inspiration and go have a wonderful day friend!!

brenda said...

Happy Birthday to you Carol, I hope that whatever your day gold it's a happy one.

Super mixed media creation.

B x

Beebeebabs said...

Happy Birthday my friend - may you have many more. Very nice work as always!!!

Carol L said...

for a last minute project, you pulled this off beautifully with your great snippets page! Wishing you a very happy 72nd birthday today! Tomorrow, my hubby and I celebrate our birthdays - he'll be 75 and all I'll say is I'm the older woman! *smirk* This was a great time of year to be born, eh? Celebrate!

Chrissy said...

Oh,Carol, you did make me laugh and I hope you had a very Happy birthday..fabulous journal pager, amazing what you can achieve under pressure of not knowing who, what, where, and how you are..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Gerrina said...

Happy Birtday! Great that you have another year to fill with beautifuk things!
Love the page; great colours and so much to see! Enjoy the weekend!

Christine Alexander said...

love all those snippets for your page :)

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I hope you had a lovely birthday Carol. A pretty journal page, well done on the last minute creation of it, it's lovely.
Lorraine

Donna Ellis said...

What a great way of celebrating your birthday, Carol, even if it did cause a little panic! LOL Loving the blue on top, and the layers of sunny gold beneath! Wishing you many more happy birthdays, my friend! hugs, de

craftytrog said...

Happy birthday for yesterday Carol! I hope you had a lovely day.
Your art is gorgeous as always :-)
Hugs,
Alison

ahlers5 said...

Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful day. I hate when I realize I need a card NOW! Did that yesterday when I needed two male birthday cards in a hurry. Only got them done due to pre-colored images. Love your page. So much visual interest. I just have no imagination for anything ou of the ordinary.

Freubelmina said...

First of all, happy birthday dear Carol!!
I had to laugh so hard at the confusion you've got hihi
your journal page is beautiful, you used very nice colors xx

Leslie Miller said...

Well happy belated birthday, Carol! I'm sure you had other things on your mind. Sometimes I get too filled up with thoughts and something has to slip. If I didn't keep a to do list and notes on the calendar... and then I still mess up. You did good in a hurry, that's for sure. I would never pull this off when so pressed for time!

HilaryJane said...

I hope you enjoyed your birthday and I am glad you got your journal page done in time. I love the colours and those bees xx

Ginger said...

Great job! Very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenge.

Ilonka said...

So beautiful card. Thank you for sharing at The Outlaws "Twisted Thursday" Challenge.
Hugs Ilonka DT XX

Jean said...

wonderful creation as always ! Sorry I am just catching up belated wishes Carol hope you had a wonderful day xx

Shabneez said...

Fabulous creation and hope you enjoyed your birthday! Shabneez x

Tone K. said...

Great journal page :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)

StephW said...

Belated Happy Birthday hope you had a lovely day ... fabulous scrap creation x

Brenda said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Carol! What an amazing page. Youʻve taken such a variety of bits and created a beautiful, cohesive project. Hope you enjoyed your day.

Dee's Craft Room said...

Hi Carol, remember me? Sorry I have missed a few a few of your posts - only I have stopped receiving notifications by email. I just assumed that you was having a few days off crafting, my apologies. I hope you had a wonderful birthday, sorry I managed to miss that too.

Adorable page, the colours are just gorgeous and what a wonderful happy coincidence to have found all of those little bees.

Time for me to play catch-up now.

Dionne xx